A+ Content for Power sellers (not only Vendors)
Today’s topic is all about increasing the conversion rate of our listings. Even with the same amount of traffic to our listing or with an increased conversion rate we generate more sales. Before applying for A+ Content or Enhanced Brand Content, make sure your listing has:
- Keyword optimized title
- Keyword optimized bullet points
- Lifestyle images
The EBC (Enhanced Brand Content) replaces your product description:
1. Normal description:
2. Enhanced Brand Content:
Advantages of having EBC:
- Descriptions become more powerful because more keywords can be used
- The EBC triggers the buyer’s emotional response which increases the chance of making a sale because of:
- the opportunity to show more images
- having more text in the description and telling the buyer the brand’s story
- and because each customer will spend more time on the listing, as there is more to see and to read, they will feel more comfortable with the brand, the product and the company.
The best way to increase the conversion rate is to engage the buyer’s emotional “why” by keeping them longer on the listing.
It might be a challenge to get approved for EBC
Amazon has strict rules for its sellers who wish to apply for A+ content. These are the rules, which you must not violate:
- Referencing your company as a seller or distributor, or providing any company contact information.
- Mention of competitor’s products or seller authorization such as “product only sold by authorized resellers,” etc.
- Pricing or promotion information such as “cheapest widget on Amazon” etc.
- Information about shipping details such as “Free shipping”, “shipping timelines”, etc.
- Use of copyright, trademark, or registered symbols in the text or images.
- Boastful Comments such as “top selling product,” “hottest item,” “#1 Selling item”.
- Time sensitive product information: “on sale now” or “best new product of the year”.
- Information about customer reviews from Amazon or any other site.
- Adding editorial or 3rd party quotes from external sources such as magazines and television shows.
- Blurry or low quality images or images containing unreadable text.
- Lifestyle images not showing the product. Brand images used to tell the “Brand Story” are not required to contain the product.
- Content that duplicates many of the images from the main image block on the detail page.
- Any warranties or guarantees of any form.
- Images or text that attempts to mimic Amazon logos, detail page headings or details.
- Logos from brands or organizations other than your own, or multiple brand logos on an image.
- Web links or language attempting to redirect to other sites inside or outside of Amazon (including your other products).
- Grammatical errors, punctuation errors, misspellings, strings of all caps text, or abusing font features – Bold and Italics are only intended to be used to highlight headings or a few select words.
- Any mention of products being used for criminal activity.
- Any violations to category requirements or Selling on Amazon policies.
While these rules might seem as a burden, they are actually supporting you as not everybody will go through the trouble of applying. Therefore, once approved, your listing will look much more professional.
How to apply for EBC?
1. Verify if you have access to EBC
In Seller Central, click on the “Advertising”-tab and when the dropdown menu opens select “Enhanced Brand Content”.
2. Apply for Brand Registry
a) Have a functional brand website
- Shows images of product
- Brand Logo
- Includes ‘About Us’ and ‘Contact Us’
b) Submit product and packaging photo to Amazon
c) Brand email address linked to Amazon account
3. Enter Product SKU
4. Select a template (template 4 is preferred)
- Use eye-catching images
- Target the buyers emotional “why”
- Tell your brand’s story
- Show them the results (before-after)
- Show them the product experience
- Suggest how they will fell when using your product
- Give them value
Approval usually takes around 7 to 10 days.
*Please note: A+ content is currently only available on the .com websites.